Tobias Reitz (born 1979) studied German and Media Studies and graduated from the Celler School in 2001, the only German master class for lyricists. Today he leads it together with Edith Jeske and also teaches at the Popkurs Hamburg and the Nordkolleg Rendsburg.
With about 1000 song releases, he is one of the most productive and successful lyricists in Germany. He also works for Sony Music as content editor and promoter and wrote for television, press and stage texts as well as the book „Manual for Lyricists (Handbuch für Songtexter)“ (together with Edith Jeske). He is also a founding member of the Düsseldorf improvisation theatre Phönixallee, deputy president of the German Lyricists‘ Association, member of the Academy of German Music Authors and partner of the independent label Taxi28 Musik.
More at www.tobias-reitz.de
- 1.000 Song Releases
- 8 x Gold
- 5 x Platinum
- 1 x Diamond Award
- 1 x Special Gold Award for Outstanding Achievements as a Lyricist
- Most Successful Lyricist of the German Radio Hit Parade 2016/2017/2018
- smago! Award 2013 (Lyricist of the Year)
- Nomination for the German Music Author Award 2011/2016
- Co-Author of the „Manual For Lyricists (Handbuch für Songtexter) (with Edith Jeske)
- over 5.000 chart weeks in D/CH/A/NL/BE/DK/FR etc.